ICCO internship opportunity
Title: Graphics and Communications Intern
Station: Kampala, Uganda
Inter-Church Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organization working towards a world in which people can live with dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice. Our core values are justice, compassion and stewardship.
About High Flyers Program
The High Flyers program is a three-year initiative targeting 1000 youth from Lango, Teso and West Nile Sub-Regions of Northern Uganda, with the aim of boosting their agri-businesses through business development services, incl. agri-business training, mentorship and linkages to financial service providers.
Objectives of the position
In the inception period of the program (March – May) ICCO is looking for a graphics and communication intern who will assist in visual communication-related aspects of the program as well as administrative duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and update clear, engaging graphic communications materials on the High Flyers program for print and web. This may include brochures, infographics, flyers, website/social media graphics and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assist in development of IT related application tools for the High Flyer program.
- Take lead in social media communications and marketing of the program.
- Administrative tasks around applications and selection of the benefitting agri-entrepreneurs.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Must be a person with a Disability
- A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Art and Design or related field.
- Proficiency in basic MS tools, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications.
- Good knowledge in HTML/website design; familiarity with WordPress preferred.
- Well organized and detail-oriented; with excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with ICCO team members.
- Ability to define and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Opportunity to gain valuable work experience with a reputable international NGO
Minimum compensation for travel costs
In our continued effort on disability inclusion, ICCO in partnership with Light For The World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, has purposefully selected and carved this position for an individual with a disability.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position, send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org