Internship opportunity with African Evangelistic Enterprise
African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Uganda is a Christian, evangelical, international, inter-racial, inter-
denominational, non-political non-governmental organisation established in 1971.
In partnership with Light for the World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, we are seeking to
recruit a Social Worker-Intern based in Kampala. In our continued effort on Disability Inclusion, this
position has been purposefully selected and carved for an individual with a disability.
Position: Intern- Front Desk Assistant
Primary Responsibility: Effectively manage visitor’s reception, multi phone system and support
General position requirements:
She/He must have good presentation etiquettes, experience in front desk management, ability to
document, use email and social media with minimal support.
Reporting to: Administrative Assistant.
Location: Head office, Old Kampala Plot 12, Berkley Road.
1. Respond to incoming and outgoing telephone calls as and when required.
2. Manage guest inflow and screen visitors to different offices, communicate and provide feedback on
appointments after consultations with staff.
3. Support in secretarial work and maintain a proper filing system of office documents
4. Ensure that the reception area is kept neat and tidy
5. Receive and verify all items delivered to ensure they fit the required specifications. In liaison
with the Office Assistant manage incoming and outgoing deliveries.
6. Prepare for meetings including management and Board meetings
7. Liaise with service provider to ensure staff meals are provided as agreed.
i. Minimum of a Diploma in secretarial studies or relevant study area. Experience in working with
young people is of added advantage
ii. Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
iii. Excellent time-management skills.
iv. Must exercise strict adherence to AEE Christian values and be willing to lead in morning
As an intern, we expect you to show willingness to learn and passion for the assigned roles. We also
expect you to be flexible and ready to adapt to new and challenging situations that may arise during the
course of your internship.
We hope to nurture you in your chosen career path and give you valuable experience that will inspire
your future aspirations.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please follow the link below to apply
Applications submitted later than 6th August 2019 will not be accepted