Internship Opportunity with GOAL
Job title: Admin & Logistics Intern
Job location: Kampala
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Date: 1 April 2019
Founded in 1977, GOAL works to promote the realization of the fundamental rights of the poor, the vulnerable, and those affected by humanitarian crisis. GOAL currently works in 13 countries; Ethiopia, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Malawi, Niger, Sierra Leone, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Uganda, and Zimbabwe. GOAL’s head office is in Dublin, Ireland with support offices in London and New York.
General description of the country programme
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by several donors who include Mastercard, Charity: water, Irish Aid and a number of small foundations.
Key Duties of the role
A. Front Desk Management
- Receive visitors to office in professional manner.
- Ensure the outside reception area is kept clean and tidy
- Liaise with logistics and drivers regarding travel arrangements as required.
- Answer telephone, take messages and filter calls.
- Collect, prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- To maintain a mail log recording all outgoing and incoming mail
- Photocopy / scan documents as requested.
- Undertake other specific administrative duties as required.
B. Logistics & Procurement
- Manage Front office stationery to ensure that stocks are maintained at adequate levels for the efficient running of the office.
- Place quantity orders for office supplies and ensure Order / Purchase Form is completed and submitted to.
- Assist procurement department with the fulfilling of orders received including sending inquiry forms and sourcing quotations from pre-qualified suppliers;
- Assist with updating of procurement order tracking system (OTS), Contracts Database, Vendor Roster and any other Procurement e-tools used for tracking orders.
- Assist in booking of accommodation and transport for GOAL staff and maintaining tracker of booking requests
- Assist with management of hotel framework agreements including monthly collection of invoices reconciliation to accommodation records and preparation of payment requisition forms.
Person Specifications (Requirements)
- Completion of a Secretarial diploma, degree/diploma in logistics and procurement with interest in or previous experience in administration
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Preference for a candidate with 1 – 3 years maximum experience in a similar role
- Working experience in use of Word, Excel, email, good typing skills and general computer literacy
- Possess good communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to prioritise different tasks in efficient manner
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Committed and involved in the organization
- Flexible and hardworking
- Assertive, but able to keep good relations
In our continued effort on disability inclusion, GOAL in partnership with Light For The World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, has purposefully selected and carved this position for an individual with a disability.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the position, please follow the link http://wecanwork.ug/internship-placement-2019-apply-online for more information on how to apply
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies. Any job offer made is also subject to a range of background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.