Internship position with Sawa World-Re-advertised
Job Title: Intern – Outreach
Organization: Sawa World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sawa World is an international NGO that uses an innovative approach to ending extreme poverty by providing large-scale access to local solutions that are created by people living in extreme poverty. Sawa World uses an innovative approach to self-empower 1.2 billion people out of extreme poverty with their own solutions. We provide large-scale access to local solutions that are created by the very people living in extreme poverty.
We are a professional organization with a management culture that values and promotes the experience of passion, creativity, energy and fun at work.
We often start meetings with singing and dancing and engage with each other in fun activities outside of work hours in order to promote a family-like working environment.
Sawa World is looking for a hardworking and innovative individual to work as an intern in the Outreach department.
Your role as a Sawa World intern will be:
- Assisting with leading bi-weekly Solution workshops
- Work with the farm ladies to ensure that it’s thriving
- Researching on farm advancement (organic pesticides, fertilizers, pest control, better seed varieties)
- Creating a farm price list. Check with the market price and draft a list accordingly
- Providing and implement better mobilization strategies for the Solution Hub
- Reviewing Solution Hub programs with the People and Operations Manager to come up with a plan on how to develop the Solution Hub
- Assisting in any areas as requested by the People and Operations Manager
This work is designed to achieve the following;
- Ensure that the farm is thriving
- Conduct weekly fun Thursdays with guidance of the team
- Assist to lead bi-weekly Solution Workshops
- Submitting a feedback report about your experience at the end of your internship role.
A diploma or degree in social work, community psychology, social sciences, development studies or any related field.
- Interest in working in the non-profit sector
- Personal Skills;
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Dynamic Personality
In our continued effort on disability inclusion, Sawa World has partnered with Light for the World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative to purposefully select and carve this position for an individual with a disability.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position, please follow the link http://wecanwork.ug/internship-placement-2019-apply-online/ for more information on how to apply.