JOB OPENING: Administrative Assistant
JOB OPENING: Administrative Assistant
POSITION OPEN FOR: Local position
DESIRED START DATE: A.S.A.P.
DUTY STATION: Kampala
CLOSING DATE: 23rd of April 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Full time, till April 2022
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD has as specific focus on providing disability mainstreaming expertise to development organisations to become disability inclusive in their organisational practices and programmatic work. Our vision is an Inclusive Society for All, where no one is left behind and all persons participate equally in the cultural, social, political and economic environment. The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities guides us.
Light for the World is coordinating the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, a project that started in April 2018 and just received funding for a second phase running up to April 2022, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund. The Make 12.4% Work Initiative brings different stakeholders together around inclusion of persons with disabilities in employment and livelihood programs. The membership of Make 12.4% Work is expanding rapidly as well as a growing team of Disability Inclusion Facilitators that leads to additional administrative tasks to be fulfilled
We are looking for a qualified person for the position of Administrative Assistant. The candidate will be responsible to be a support staff to the team of Disability Inclusion Advisors (2), an Officer and a growing team of Disability Inclusion Facilitators (29).
Key roles and responsibilities
Project administrative tasks
- Support the payment of allowances and facilitation for Disability Inclusion Facilitators and reasonable accommodation under Make 12.4% Work
- Prepare budgets and accountabilities for activities conducted under Make 12.4% Work
- Support in entering content for a mobile application on referrals and services for persons with disabilities
- Set up and maintain a filing system
- Provide any type of other administrative support to the team
- Communication and coordination: Close contact with the Make 12.4% Work team as well as the members and other stakeholders under Make 12.4% Work (Disabled Persons Organizations, members of the government, employers and their umbrella organisations, development organizations active in livelihoods activities, local implementing partners and skills training providers).
- Perform other duties as required: The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the disability inclusion advisor who is coordinating the Make 12.4% Work programme.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A Degree or Certificate in accounting or business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as administrative assistant.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office
- Reflect the vision and values of Light for the World in interaction with staff, beneficiaries, external contacts.
- Strong working knowledge of English
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with minimum supervision.
- Able to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, self-reflective and willingness to receive feedback and supervision.
- Ability to relate inclusion and disability to personal values.
What we offer
- Inspiring working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a small, motivated and diverse team.
- A gender and disability sensitive work environment.
- Salary will be according to the ICCO CEA salary scale.
How to apply
Please send your application (including CV and contact details of 2 referees) before 23rd of April to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for, by mentioning the position in the subject and in your cover letter.
We want to encourage you to disclose your disability status to allow for affirmative action.
Note: we value your application; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Persons with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply!