Internship Opportunity with Solar Now: Operations Intern needed
About Solar Now
We are a for profit social business with Dutch origins, passionate about transforming lives by providing high quality solar energy and financing solutions in East Africa.
Solar Now was founded in 2011 and has since grown to 47 branches across Uganda with further growth in East Africa soon.
In partnership with Light for the World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, we are seeking to recruit an Operations Intern based at our Kampala Office. In our continued effort on Disability Inclusion, this position has been purposefully selected and carved for an individual with a disability.
Title: Operations Intern
Reports to: Operations Development Manager
Job Summary: Key purpose of the position is aiding in streamlining the recording/verification and subsequent sale of repossessed items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive goods recovery reports from Credit team
- Physically check product availability in the warehouse and follow up with Logistics to provide aligning paperwork.
- Tally credit and logistics matching reports daily and present to Finance and ensure all backlogs are accounted in SAS
- Advertise through the newsletter all items available for purchase on a weekly basis
- Provide HR with the purchase details daily
- Reconcile items that have been / will be sold off the system
Disclaimer: This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list, some duties in practice might differ from those outlined in this description.
Education and Special Skills
- Any relevant field
- Good project management skills
- Good computer skills particularly Microsoft packages
- Good organizational skills and record keeping
- Fitting with Solar Now values
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other local Ugandan languages is an added advantage
- Good communication & reporting skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
As an intern, we expect you to show willingness to learn and passion for the assigned roles. We also expect you to be flexible and ready to adapt to new and challenging situations that may arise during the course of your internship.
We hope to nurture you in your chosen career path and give you valuable experience that will inspire your future aspirations.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please follow the link provided http://wecanwork.ug/internship-placement-2019-apply-online for more information on how to apply.
Deadline: 24th April, 2019.