ZOA UGANDA IS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT OFFICER – ACHOLI
Position : Nationals only
Starting date: 1st January 2020
Duty station: Nwoya
Reports to: Project Manager
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
About the position
The Project Officer (pending funding) with support from the Project Manager is responsible for the day to day planning, and implementation of activities under the Growing Rural Opportunities for work and wellbeing (GROWW) project in Nwoya and Omoro District.
Tasks, responsibilities, results
– Implements project activities in line with the workplan to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
– Supports possible community volunteers in day to day implementation; – Accounts timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
– Ensures project outputs are consistent with project proposals, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
– Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and government of Uganda;
– Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
– Provide timely and accurate input to supervisor for reporting purposes; – Identity, document lessons learned and best practices; – Prepare and submit well-written success stories;
– Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by the supervisor;
– Collect monitoring data according to ZOA’s systems and activities in the project;
– Provide verbal and written reports to ZOA management when required.
Competencies Knowledge & Experience:
Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or Agribusiness;
Excellent facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
Understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s) is required;
Experience in a similar position implementing related projects is an added advantage;
Working experience in a humanitarian settings is an added advantage;
Excellent spoken and written command of English.
Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
Flexibility and adaptability;
Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
Able to work in a sometimes fluid and innovative environment;
Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1 character reference could be your pastor or priest.
Deadline: 13th December, 2019. Indicate only “Application Project Officer – Acholi” on the subject line. Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.