New Internship Opportunity with AMFIU (Association of Microfinance Institutions in Uganda)
The Association of Microfinance Institutions in Uganda (AMFIU) is an umbrella organization of microfinance institutions and other stakeholders in the microfinance sector. AMFIU was founded in 1996 through the collaboration of several Microfinance institutions and other organizations with interest in microfinance. The main reason for its establishment was the felt need for MFIs to have a common voice: to lobby the government for favorable policies, to share information and experiences and to link up and network with both local and international actors.
AMFIU has a business wing; AMFIU business Consult (ABC) whose ultimate goal is to enhance the provision of affordable and high-quality consultancy services that promote professionalism in the financial sector.
In partnership with Light for the World, through the Make 12.4% Work Initiative, we are seeking to recruit a Business Development Assistant-Intern for ABC based at our Head Office on 679 Wamala Road, Najjanankumbi, Kampala. This position was purposefully selected and carved for an individual with a disability.
Position: Business Development Assistant-Intern
Report to: Business Development Manager; ABC
Duration: 3 Months
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to the Business Development Manager to increase sales and improve customer satisfaction.
Key duties shall be to:
1. Assist the BDM in compiling monthly reports.
2. Represent the BDM at meetings and forums.
3. Build business networks through networking and liaising with various stakeholders.
4. Update donor reporting schedules and ensures compliance with the deadline.
5. Support BDM in organizing a periodic meeting for the department and record proceedings.
6. Participate in proposal writing and resource mobilization.
7. Perform any other duties assigned by the BDM
Required skills and attributes:
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or any other related course
ii. Commercially aware and understands the relationship between costs, quality, customer care and corporate performance assessment
iii. Good written and verbal communication;
iv. Strong work ethic and commitment
v. Entrepreneurial and open to new challenges
vi. ability to work independently, ability to work under pressure
vii. Team player with demonstrable self-initiative, drive and flexibility to meet the requirements of the position.
viii. Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and emails.
As an intern, we expect you to;
• Show a willingness to learn and passion for the assigned roles.
• Be flexible and ready to adapt to new and challenging situations that may arise during the course of your internship.
We hope to nurture you in your chosen career path and give you valuable experience that will inspire your future aspirations.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please follow the link below to apply
The deadline for application is 2nd November 2019.