Join Our Disability Inclusion Academy
The Disability Inclusion Academy is a fellowship programme that aims at building the capacity of individuals with different impairments to offer expertise on disability inclusion to mainstream organisations, public and private sector actors.
This cohort specifically focuses on building the capacity of a selected group of persons with different impairments to support the Inclusion Works project in Western and Eastern Uganda.
The program starts with a 2-day selection process closely followed by a 5-day training. Trainees will then undergo mentoring and coaching on-the-job.
Successful participants will become part of a pool of Disability Inclusion Facilitators (DIFs) and be called upon regularly to offer services to both the Inclusion Works project and the Make 12.4% Work Initiative.
- Identify, grow and sustain partnerships, train and coach companies and organisations on including persons with disabilities.
- Gather pertinent information that shall inform new interventions for the Inclusion Works project and the Make 12.4% Work Initiative.
- Link persons with disabilities to job opportunities and livelihood programs.
- Become role models to other persons with disabilities within the region through experience sharing.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR CANDIDATES
- Must be an adult with a disability; priority will be given to persons with disabilities below 35 years old.
- Have a minimum of O’level education (with a UCE certificate).
- Good command of the English Language.
- Knowledge of at least one of the local languages spoken in Western or Eastern Uganda.
- Must be from a district in western or eastern Uganda and presently reside there.
- Be able to dedicate time to perform duties that will be assigned to them if certified as a DIF.
- Be able to work effectively as an individual and also as a part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested persons can apply by filling in the online application form or downloading the application forms from the website and after filling them out, send them via email to email@example.com or obtain hard copies from:
Western Uganda: the Mbarara-Tukore Invalids Salvation Stream Association (TISSA) office, Masaka- MADIPHA office, Kasese- KADUPEDI office or Kabarole District Union for Persons with Disabilities
Eastern Uganda: The District Unions for persons with disabilities in Sironko, Jinja, Iganga or Mbale.
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS 25TH MARCH 2020 (Western Uganda) and 30TH MARCH 2020 (Eastern Uganda)
Other applications may be delivered or sent by post to:
The Disability Inclusion Officer
Light for the World C/O ICCO Central,
Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office
Plot 1608, Kironde Road, Muyenga.
P.O Box 33333, Kampala.
- Disability Inclusion Academy Poster
- Application form for Western Region
- Application form for Eastern Region